Competition Terms and Conditions
Geberit | Home Consultation Competition | Terms and Conditions:
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. By submitting an entry into this this Home Consultation Competition (the “Promotion”), entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any conditions set by the Promoter (Geberit, Geberit House, Edgehill Dr, Warwick CV34 6NH.). By entering, your details will be communicated to the Promoter’s agency (WAA Chosen Ltd) in relation to this Promotion. Please retain a copy for your information.
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Geberit, is partnering with blogger Katie Woods from Come Down To The Woods. The prize offered will be a mood board for a room in the winner’s house created by Katie Woods featuring inspiration and product suggestions geared towards the winner and their home, as described in more detail under the section “Prizes”.
- Only residents in Great Britain aged 18 or over are eligible to enter. Only one entry per person will be eligible to be entered in the Promotion. Multiple entries from the same person will be disregarded.
- Employees of the Promoter or any business involved or associated with this Promotion, any of the Promoter’s agencies and any of their parent and/or affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents and siblings) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. The Promoter reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants.
- The Promotion (“Home Consultation Competition”) will be promoted in Geberit’s Home
Mover Mailer series and will run from Monday 20th May 2019 to Thursday 31st October 2019 (the Entry Period). Although the competition link is only available through the mailer, entrants are not limited to the persons or households where the mailer is addressed to.
- To enter, participants must submit a couple of sentences about why they want to transform a room in their home. Entries must state which room they want the consultation for.
- The Mailer will include a competition link directing recipients to the competition page where they can enter this short statement.
- The competition page will include a space for entrants to submit contact details. Entrants will not be able to submit their entry without including full and accurate contact information as requested.
- Entries will be accepted until Thursday 31st October 2019. At this time the competition (the Entry Period) will close.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original creations, not in violation of third-party intellectual property rights.
- Entries must not contain any elements that are or are likely to be perceived as: offensive; of an explicit sexual nature; depictions or descriptions of graphic violence; sexist; racist; homophobic; commercially sensitive; defamatory; in breach of the rights of others; or otherwise illegal, unacceptable or inappropriate content.
- Participants may be required to take part in publicity and to have themselves, or their home photographed or shown for PR, social media, advertising and other promotional purposes.
- Geberit cannot accept liability for any entries which are late, lost or incomplete.
- One winner will be picked by a panel of judges from Geberit, WAA Chosen and Katie Woods from Come Down To The Woods. The entry, that the panel considers, in their subjective opinion, to be the best response shall be deemed the winning entry (the “Winner”) to receive the Prize.
- The winner will be selected and announced before 17:15 on Monday 18th
- The winner will be contacted directly via the information submitted in their entry. The promoter will then provide further details regarding redemption of the winner’s prize.
- The winner will receive a bespoke mood board from Katie Woods (of Come Down To The Woods) for the room described in the entry. Katie will create this mood board after a telephone conversation with the winner, using the written information submitted in the winning entry. The mood board will include creative inspiration of how the winner can transform the room described in the entry, this may include but is not limited to colour suggestions, product recommendations (Geberit and other). Katie Woods will complete the winning mood board within 30 days, following first telephone contact with the winner.
- The winner will have two weeks, after being notified, to respond to the promoter and claim their prize. If a winner fails to respond after two weeks they will forfeit their prize and a new winner will be chosen in their place.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value or to amend the prize if necessary to do so.
- If a prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up a prize, the Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be given. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize if it is transferred.
- All taxes (including without limitation national & local taxes) in connection with any prize and the reporting consequence thereof are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be interfering with the integrity or fairness of the Promotion; or tampering with the operation of the event; to be acting in violation of the rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid or misdirected entries, or any entries not received for any reason, which will be disqualified. No responsibility can be accepted for any technical failures of any kind or any unauthorised intervention in any part of the entry process, or for any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. No entries submitted via any other means will be accepted.
- A participant’s entry must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made online by such methods as macros, a script, or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed, and all such entries will be disqualified.
- The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the entry form on https://inspiredbygeberit.co.uk/competition/.Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries that are delayed or corrupted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event that it is unable to contact the winner for any reason or details of the prize fail to be delivered due to an incorrect or incomplete email address or contact details having been provided by the winner.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant’s conduct or intention is contrary to the spirit of these terms and conditions or does not follow the rules of the Promotion.
- The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to avoid causing undue disappointment to participants but reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage if circumstances arise that are beyond its control.
- Winners will be required to take part in any publicity accompanying or resulting from this Promotion. The Promoter will contact the Winner to obtain consent (or establish another legal basis) for the Winner’s personal data to be used in such publicity.
- By entering this Promotion, each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter the complete copyright and all other intellectual property rights whatsoever in the entry, as well as any promotional and advertising material and similar which arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The surname and county of the winner will be available for one month after the prize draw closing date by sending a stamped self addressed envelope to Geberit, Home Consultation Competition, Geberit House, Edgehill Dr, Warwick CV34 6NH.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (the Data Protection Legislation), the data controller in respect of any personal data which may be collected from the entrant (or “you” under this section) as a result of your participation in the Promotion is Geberit. The data processor, who will process personal data on behalf of the data controller, is WAA Chosen Limited.
- By entering this Promotion, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- Any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party.
- The Promoter is required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Legislation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this Promotion.
- By entering this promotion, you have provided your personal information (your full name and email address) to the Promoter. In the event that you are a winner, you will also provide your contact number and full postal address. Your personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract you have entered into with the Promoter by entering the Promotion. The Promoter may request, collect and process additional personal information about you on the basis of consent, contract or other legal basis from winners of the Promotion, for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Any personal information collected may be shared with WAA Chosen Limited in order that they may administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with the winner/s on behalf of the Promoter. The Promoter will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- Your personal information will be retained for 4 months from the closing date to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion and to comply with its obligations under the Advertising Standards Authority CAP Code.
- You have the right to object to processing of personal information and to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed. If you have a concern about the way the Promoter is collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Limitations of Liability:
- Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (1) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event legal fees; and (2) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages otherwise increased.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from any participant’s participation in the Promotion or from any prize.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter is Geberit, Geberit House, Edgehill Dr, Warwick CV34 6NH.